Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A nation within a nation's nation, or First nation?

Here we go again, in Ottawa plans to build a bridge have run into a snag, or a fishing line, I'm not sure which. Now it might be a question of actual importance, or it might be once again Canada being subjected to blackmail. We all have heard of the numerous claims of land ownership, land claims, and demands for compensation for land. Land, land, land. It seems, they own it all. Reports of extortion in Ontario north of Toronto of home and business owners being forced to pay money or face vandalism. Blockades seem to pop up whenever they don't get what they want. I wonder what would happen to me if I blocked off the 417 because I wasn't happy with the current pension setup. I could proclaim my own "day of action". The only trouble is, there are laws in this Country and I would end up in jail. But apparently those same laws do not apply to everyone that lives here, only to some of us. Now I am not saying that there are not legitimate issues involved here, but rather how the process is changing the public perspective on it's legality. There is no doubt that Native Canadians contributed a great deal to Canada, however that being said, the time to settle this issue once and for all is upon us. When will it ever be enough?
blog comments powered by Disqus

friends don't let friends, vote liberal

EVER

My Blog List